- CENTER FOR ADVANCED ECONOMIC STUDY
Ideals and Principles
Our Ideals of Undergraduate Education
We wish to contribute to the world of education through the promotion of economic studies and related disciplines, by conducting basic as well as advanced research activities, and by giving classes based upon those results.
Our Goal of Undergraduate Education
Our goal is to bring up the students who can act as leaders among the coming generation in the local areas and in the global context.
- All the teachers and the students are regarded as an equal in the pursuit of truth, and are supposed to help each other to develop.
- All the teachers and the students should pay their respects to others’ ideas, try to find out problems in their interest, and continue their studies on those problems.
- Never depend on others’ review on a theory. Think in your way, and construct your own critical views on the existing theories.
- Try to devise out a practical method to apply your ideas, and to contribute to the development of the world.
More Concrete Aims
- Self-development of students assisted by our education.
- Mastering basic economic theories.
- Nourishing the mentality toward originality.
- Developing the power of logical reasoning based on data and facts.
- Developing the ability to identify problems and to solve them.
- Formation of career-consciousness.
- Orientation to a specialist.